The book is a set of techniques you can apply to your both new or legacy code. You’ll learn:
- How to make your frontend more independent and boost your frontend-first development speed by introducing UUIDs instead of sequential IDs generated by Rails. A step-by-step, database-agnostic, legacy-ready solution is presented.
- How to avoid very often headaches while migrating assets to a different domain by knowing what is CORS, how it works and how to configure it correctly in Rails.
- How to stop inventing your own response formats and waste time by implementing the JSON API industry standard, making your API ready for even the wildest of features.
- How to create a real-time API by implementing the real-time messaging bus and making it indistinguishable from user actions. This is the most maintainable solution I’ve encountered in the wild so far.
- How to get your thinking about frontend on the higher level by knowing and understanding consequences of your frontend decisions.
It consists of ~100 pages of the exclusive content, as well as bonus chapters which is a set of blogposts we’ve created through years which can be handy for you inside this book - totalling 154 pages.